Got this from Aubrey at
Buckeyes Are Deadly Nuts
Should provide some more insight into my madness.
1) What's (Who's?) your favorite team? Nashville Predators
2) What's your least favorite team? Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins, Vancouver Canucks
3) Who's your favorite player? Shea Weber, Paul Kariya
4) Who's your least favorite player? Thomas Holmstrom and Johan Franzen
5) Favorite American team? umm The Preds?
6) Favorite Canadian team? Calgary Flames
7) Favorite International team? Canada :)
8) Who's your favorite goalie? Cam Ward and JS Giguere
9) Least favorite goalie? Roberto Luongo
10) Favorite fighter? David Backes ;)
11) Least favorite fighter? Darcy Hordichuk (Darshy Hordisuck)
12) Favorite jersey/uniform/outfit/sweater? St. Louis's third jersey, Carolina's third jersey, Nashville's away
13) Least favorite jersey/uniform/outfit/sweater? Penguins third jersey
14) Do you like home, away, or "third" jerseys best? So far, the away. Until Nashville's third gets released. If it looks like the mock ups I've seen, that may become my new fave
15) Who do you want to win the Cup? Carolina
17) Which player would you most like to sit and have coffee with? Patrick Marleau
18) What about a beer? Shea Weber ;)
19) How about just watch the game with? Ryan Getzlaf
20) Have an in-depth hockey conversation with? Paul Kariya
21) Do you collect hockey cards, memorabilia, etc? I collect memorabilia: pucks, pictures, giveaways, etc.
22) If so, what's your favorite card? No cards, but I do love my stick autographed by the 07-08 team. And my Shea Weber picture that Mike printed out for me and I had signed. :)
23) Which is worth the most, and what's it worth? My stick and autographed pucks may be worth a little. The jerseys autographed by Weber and Kariya may be worth a little more.
24) Do you live by any hockey players? No. I live an hour away from hockey. Doubt any of them commute that far. haha
26) Do you play hockey? I played roller hockey back in the day.
27) What do you wear to hockey games? Jeans and a jersey. Or if the jerseys have been deemed bad luck, some other Preds paraphernalia. Or if it's the end of the season and I'm doing reverse mojo, a Blues shirt. :P
28) Do you have any "watching hockey rituals" or anything anyone might consider weird? umm I used to have to stand on the ledge behind my seat during the whole 3rd, but I quit doing that. People might consider some of the stuff I yell weird, but me, Sarah, and Ciara always though it was funny. lol
29) What's your favorite hockey memory (as a fan?)
2007 playoffs vs. San Jose when Dumont scored shorthanded
2008 playoffs vs Detroit when Legwand came back on a bad foot and scored
2009 regular season vs Detroit when we WHOOPED Detroit 8-0
February 21, 2009 when me, Jenn, Britney, and Kelly sat behind the Predators bench in St. Louis and Weber scored the lone goal of the game to win in overtime
30) What's your favorite hockey commercial? Verizon--"Best baby in the world!"
31) Who's the nicest player you've met? Brooks Laich, Paul Kariya, Pekka Rinne, Shea Weber, Jarome Iginla. Hell most of them have been decent.
32) Rudest/meanest/most annoying, etc? Boyd Gordon was kinda rude. Ovechkin is a douche.
33) Who's the best looking (AKA 'off ice favourite') Paul or Shea Don't judge :P
34) Other off-handed/off-ice comments? The commentating is half the fun.
"Weber gets it in deep." HAHA
35) Why do you really like hockey? Its fast-paced, excitement when the goal horn goes off, hard hitting, non-stop action. The feeling I get sitting in my seat, waiting for MY team to take the ice. Telling the other team they suck. Telling the other goaltender he sucks. The hour long drive I make to have that experience. The heart and soul of every single player on that ice. Watching them give everything they've got to get a little piece of rubber past the goaltender. Fighting for them and their teammates honor. The gratitude they feel towards me, the fan. Feeling like my being there makes a difference. Knowing that my sadness at the season being over doesn't even match the feelings they have.
But more than anything, the fact that it's unlike any sport on earth. Nothing is as physically and emotionally demanding as hockey.