Saturday, June 20, 2009

Finals, Awards, and Draft Oh My!

Hockey season is over. The Penguins won the Cup, and me, Ciara, and Kelly mocked every bit of it. The hits on the Fugly Raisin were praised even if they were a tad dirty. The Dirty Mexican was mocked mercilessly. And Fluery's buckteeth were imitated. On the other side, Hossa tears were cried. If he didn't cry, which I'm sure he did, we made enough wah sounds for him. Poor Zetterburg, Osgood, and Datsyuk were apologized to, even though now they go back to being the enemy.
I can't comment much on what happened after the clock ran out. We were too busy being pissed off and yelling mean things to really pay much attention. It was a fitting way to send off the season though. At least, I thought so. heh

The NHL Awards were earlier this week, and man were they horrible. It really shouldn't be that hard to read off a tele-prompter, but Roenick sure did struggle. High points were Michael Buble and Sullivan winning the Masterson. Low points were Ovie being a tool and the "entertainment." Sullivan's victory was a much deserved one. I was really happy for him, and even squirted out a few tears. Freaking SEM. I'm almost positive he'll be testing free agency. I can only hope Poile makes a splash in the free agent market so we're not down a couple of top-six forwards.
Not sure I'll watch the draft. I don't know too much about prospects or what to expect. But it's the Predators, I'm sure we'll get a nice defenseman. Snort.
The Preds took another $44 out of my bank account last Monday. I sure hope next season the on ice product is more entertaining than this past year. Some nights it was downright painful to watch. Still not sure how I feel about the half-season. I'm sure I won't be so worn out towards the end, but I keep thinking about the good stuff I'll miss. Center Ice just costs too much, and I don't know that I'd use it enough to justify the cost. Being a responsible adult about this will pay off eventually, just have to get through the discouraging parts first. One day I won't have to be in the last row at the top of the arena if I don't want to.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the awards show "entertainment"... Seriously, who schedules this stuff?

    The draft is only fun because the draftees provide endless opportunities for mockery. Either they've listed something funny as one of their favorite things (John Tavares watches One Tree Hill, Matt Duchene plays competitive badminton, Brayden Schenn likes Jesse McCartney) or they just look hysterical (Carter Ashton, Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson)!

    ReplyDelete