Sunday, June 28, 2009

Say it isn't so

Photobucket
Before I discovered Ryan Theriot, pictured above, my favorite Chicago Cub had to be Mark DeRosa. He was versatile, genuine, and level headed, everything I believe a Cub should be. So naturally I was more than a little upset when the Cubs traded him in December of 2008 to the Cleveland Indians. Following the Cubs closely, like I do every year, it is evident just how much we miss Mark. Last night I got a virtual dagger through the heart. DeRosa was traded to the Cardinals, visual approximation below.
Photobucket
I HATE the Cardinals. As a Cubs fan, I was brought up to despise Mark McGwire and Tony LaRussa. We hate three things: The Cardinals, the White Sox, and the Brewers.
Photobucket
It's basic common sense for Cubs fans. North Side > South Side
I just cannot even being to imagine seeing DeRosa in that awful red jersey.
Now I don't know if I'm mad that DeRosa is playing for the Cardinals or if I'm mad that he's doing so while we have to continue with the services of our resident child, Milton Bradley. Signing this guy for 3 years and giving him $10 million a year might be the dumbest thing we've ever done. His production is disappointing, and his attitude is ridiculous. I don't think I acted that childish even when I was a child. He's a thirty-one year old man that is carrying on like a spoiled teenager. Sure hope management is happy that we have Bradley and his .236 average, 5 homeruns, and 16 RBIs instead of DeRosa and his .270 average, 13 homeruns, and 50 RBIs.
For comparison, Bradley has 50 pounds on Theriot, who is not and has never been a power hitter. However, this year Theriot has 6 homeruns and 28 RBIs. They've got about the same amount of HRs, but Theriot has almost double the RBIs. If you're not scoring runs and you're not getting runs scored, then what the hell are you doing? Oh that's right, you're striking out and yelling at the umpires. Bradley, let me take this opportunity to tell you to STFU because you suck.
DeRosa, I miss you more than any other player that's left over the years, and even though you now play for the hated red birds, there's no way I can ever hate you as much as I hate the rest of them. But if you could suck and strikeout when we play you, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment